Good Little Indian has more things to say, and so they have another list. Clicking on this link takes you to the first list of 25 of the “Things I need to tell you.” Happy reading, and wishing this makes a difference to you in a good way.
0. Within you is a universe, as great as the one you live in.
1. “Globally, about one-third of food is wasted: 1.6bn tonnes of produce a year, with a value of about $1tn.” [Report: The Guardian]
2. Nearly 1/2 of the world’s population — more than 3 billion people — live on less than $2.50 a day. More than 1.3 billion live in extreme poverty — less than $1.25 a day. [Report: dosomething.org]
3. A guy in his 30’s jumped off a bridge. Later a note was discovered from his apartment, where he lived alone. It said:
I’m going to walk to the bridge. If one person smiles at me on the way, I’ll not jump.
[Report: The NewYorker]
4. Never judge or be rude to people you don’t know. You don’t know about their struggles. ~ Anonymous
5. Be a good friend, before wanting that good friend. All your friends doesn’t need to know about your problems, they have enough of their own. Sometimes, help first.
We need to share our problems with friends, and all of us do. Make sure they are doing alright before you let them know about your recent breakup. Unless of course, your friend can find that funny. Such friends do exist, all my friends know one such person.
6. “I like to think nobody cares about me, I really do. I hate that I can’t forget all those childhood memories of my mom feeding me half asleep. I hate my dad for paying for all my needs, for taking me to all those fairs. I hate my Grandpa, granny, uncles, brothers, sisters for not ignoring my existence. I hate my best friends for being so genuinely awesome, and caring, and all of my Internet buddies too. I hate everyone.”
Bizarre? Okay, I hate none of them. If you know people care about you. Great. If you think no one cares about you. My best wishes to you to find the people who do.
9. “I need to start loving myself,” a friend mentioned on Twitter today. You, yes YOU reader – love yourself.
Even after all my failures, all my flaws, every bit of negativity I have. All things I claim to not have. All fears that exist within. I would never want to be anyone else. I know, there’s just ONE me. You know that too.
10. Be the friend to people, you have always dreamt to have.
11. Respect people.
12. I will keep writing until the last person on earth tells me not to. Unfortunately, I am that last person in my list. Sorry, just can’t help.
13. When you say that you hate everyone. Keep in mind that this writer is a part of “everyone” as well, and has done absolutely nothing to deserve your hate.
14. Appreciate the little things in life.
15. This quote I came across reading Shiv Khera’s book, You Can Win:
Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the striving and tolerant of the weak and wrong. Because some time in our lives we would have been all of these ourselves.
Last year, I was visiting Delhi and one fine day I forgot my cell phone in an auto. By the time I realized that my phone wasn’t with me, I was hyperventilating and dialing my number again and again in the hope that somebody would pick up.
Apparently, after a while, when the auto driver stopped at a red light, somebody told him that there was a phone ringing in his auto. He then picked up my call and came all the way back to where he dropped me to return the phone. It was one of the kindest things anyone had done for me.
Excerpt taken from ScoopWhoop’s article, “11 Real-Life Incidents Of People Helping Complete Strangers“.
17. An eye for an eye would make the whole world blind.
All of us have heard this, haven’t we? Not difficult to understand as well.
18. Appreciate diversity.
19. When someone criticizes you, – listen. There’s a great chance that you may end up bettering yourself as a person. However, never forget that it’s YOUR life.
20. Listen to your HEART, and your BRAIN.
21. Attitude MATTERS. The right attitude can change the world for better.
22. Gratitude is the key to happiness.
23. Be thankful for the food that’s served, there are way too many people sleeping hungry tonight.
24. There are no “ugly” faces. There are just eye defects.
25. There’s a chance you couldn’t be alive to see the next sunrise. Leave nothing to regret.
If you’ve something to add to this list, or just want to say hi. Do let me know by commenting. I’d be grateful. Thank you.